Work and employment
CJC can help people resolve disputes at work. Examples include disagreements between co-workers and disagreements between employees and management. These may involve disagreements about:
- appropriate behaviour and communication styles
- teamwork and co-operation
- performance and work expectations
- allegations of unfair treatment, bullying or harassment
- any other disputes that may arise between people at work.
CJC mediation is particularly useful in workplace disputes because:
- mediation can help people to communicate with each other about their experiences and expectations at work in terms of the treatment of co-workers, management style, relationship issues, stress and the effect of some behaviours on others
- mediation is positive and future focussed; it can help people work better together in the future
- mediation gives people a chance to understand the impact of their actions at work and change their behaviour
- mediation is confidential and this can help people be honest and open about their experiences
- mediation is fast and works best when it is used as early as possible in the dispute.
Before CJC mediates employment disputes, each matter will be assessed to make sure mediation is suitable.
For legal information about workplace disputes, see LawAccess or call 1300 888 529.